There’s an increase in the number of online shoppers given the ease of doing so. Websites used for banking and e-commerce are built in such a way that personal information of users are secure. However, what scammers do now is to attack such websites and inject a program that copies personal information such as credit card number, contacts and address for fraudulent reasons.
Website operators should conduct regular security checks on their programs to detect malicious attacks in time before they cause damages to their customers.
How to be safe
Ordinarily, website visitors can do relatively nothing to prevent formjacking. It is the duty of website owners to protect customers. Sadly, cyber criminals often attack smaller operators who do not have robust security system to checkmate their activities. However, you can take the following measures:
1. Have a dedicated card for online transaction and fund the corresponding account only when you need to make purchases. This way, even if your information is stolen, you’ll have little to loose.
2. Activate both SMS and email alert/notification for your account. This is necessary because it will help you to monitor your account even if one Chanel of notification is down.
3. Knowing different ways of deactivating your card offhand, such as via your bank mobile app, USSD, your bank customer care line and social media etc, is vital. This will become handy in case you start receiving unauthorized debit alert.
4. Avoid suspicious e-commerce websites and bank websites. Be sure to recheck the URL before you checkout.
5. Before you shop on any new e-commerce site, read reviews online from people that have done so before.
Never forget to use your head always. There might be no clues to detect formjacked websites.
Happy shopping!<div class='sharedaddy sd-block sd-like jetpack-likes-widget-wrapper jetpack-likes-widget-unloaded' id='like-post-wrapper-171231966-163-5f9b704674dea' data-src='https://widgets.wp.com/likes/#blog_id=171231966&post_id=163&origin=burstscam.com&obj_id=171231966-163-5f9b704674dea' data-name='like-post-frame-171231966-163-5f9b704674dea'><h3 class="sd-title">Like this:</h3><div class='likes-widget-placeholder post-likes-widget-placeholder' style='height: 55px;'><span class='button'><span>Like</span></span> <span class="loading">Loading...</span></div><span class='sd-text-color'></span><a class='sd-link-color'></a></div>